The following terms outline the agreement that you make when posting and funding projects on Direct Good. When our terms and conditions change, we will provide notice via email or by posting on our website.
- Your use of information on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- Reproduction of the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Links to other websites do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or that we are responsible for the content of the linked website(s).
Direct Good’s Rights
Direct Good reserves the rights to the following actions. We are not liable for any damages as a result of these actions.
- Make changes to the Direct Good website without notice or liability;
- Determine who is eligible to post projects on Direct Good;
- Cancel donations made to projects for any reason; and
- Reject, cancel, or suspend projects for any reason.
This website and its content is copyright of Direct Good. All rights reserved. Any distribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download for your personal and non-commercial use only,
- You may copy the content to individual and third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may your transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The personal and financial information you submit when funding or starting a project remains completely confidential. When funding a project that allocates awards for certain donation amounts, you agree that your mailing address will be given to the project facilitator. In addition, when signing up for project updates, you agree that your email address will be given to the project facilitator.
Donating to Projects and Receiving Donations
When funding a project, you recognize the following:
- You are charged immediately for one-time donations, and monthly for recurring donations;
- The funds you promise will be made available (if payment fails, we will contact you with an option to arrange alternative payment options);
- Your mailing information and/or email address will be made available to project facilitators in the case that you donate according to an award level or sign up for updates;
- Delays may occur when receiving awards from projects, especially if the project is in a foreign country;
- There are no refunds for donations.
When starting a project, you recognize the following:
- You may refund individual donations if you choose;
- Rewards that you have promised for certain donation amounts must be provided and sent to the donor by the project facilitator;
- 10% of donations will be deducted before placed in your bank account for the purposes stated below;
- Funding will be disbursed on a monthly basis.
10% of all donations are used to support local team members in the countries we work in. These team members, who work alongside Network Facilitators, maintain relationships with projects on the ground. These specific funds will be used for the certification and verification processes that ensure Direct Good projects are legitimate, financially sustainable, and effective in their communities. We want to make sure that your donations are going to projects that make a significant impact and that will be successful in the long run.
Facilitating a Project
When facilitating a project, you recognize the following:
- You are responsible for providing and sending rewards to donors in accordance with their donation amounts;
- False and misleading information concerning your project must not be submitted to our forms, whether online or through Network Facilitators;
- Distributing information unrelated to your project to donors who have signed up to receive updates is prohibited;
- Work diligently to complete your project according to the timeline and goals you have specified, or if you are unable, to adjust your timeline and/or goals and communicate the adjustment with both your Network Facilitator(s) and your donors accordingly,
- The information listed under your project on the Direct Good website is your intellectual property, but you allow us, and others acting on our behalf, the non-exclusive and perpetual right to use and exploit the rights with respect to your content, including to edit, reformat, and translate.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Direct Good be liable for any damages resulting from your access to or use of the services provided by this website, or direct communication between donors, project facilitators, and/or Network Facilitators that occurs outside of this website.